Last week, during half term, we met up with friends and one of them bought a tin of gorgeously tasty chocolate chip biscuits (cookies? What’s the difference?) they tasted delicious and it turned out that my friend had been at lunch with other friends and had said the same so the recipe was shared. I’ve now got the recipe and baked a batch of them for the first time today.
There are none left now!
Here’s the recipe…
3oz light brown sugar
4oz soft marg (I used butter and it worked fine)
2tbs golden syrup
6oz self raising flour
4oz chocolate chips
1) Cream together the marg and sugar.
2) Mix in the syrup, flour and chocolate chips.
3) Take some of the mixture and roll it into small balls (Largish tea spoon size) and space them out on a baking tray line with greaseproof paper.
4) Bake at 180 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
5) Leave to cool on the tray before moving them onto a cooling rack.