Here is a really quick and simple recipe to make sticky, gooey flapjacks rather than the rock hard ones you can often accidentally make.
- 250g Porridge Oats
- 125g Butter
- 125g Brown Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Golden Syrup -this makes it gooey so add more if you want it really gooey or less if you don’t.
- Melt the butter then add the brown sugar and golden syrup. Keep this over the heat for a couple of minutes.
- Weigh out the oats and put in a large mixing bowl
- Add the melted mixture to the dry oats.
- Mix well so the melted mixture is fully coating the oats.
- Use a small, greased tray bake and press down the mixture into the corners or spoon the mixture into moulds.
This picture shows the flapjacks baked in a star shaped silicon cupcake mould.
Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes -or until golden brown.
To add variety you can add chopped apricot, chocolate drops or apple and cinnamon.